|ORA-00932:||inconsistent datatypes: expected string got string|
|Cause:||One of the following:|
- An attempt was made to perform an operation on incompatible datatypes. For example, adding a character field to a date field (dates may only be added to numeric fields) or concatenating a character field with a long field.
- An attempt was made to perform an operation on a database object (such as a table or view) that is not intended for normal use. For example, system tables cannot be modified by a user. Note that on rare occasions this error occurs because a misspelled object name matched a restricted object's name.
- An attempt was made to use an undocumented view.
|Action:||If the cause is|
- different datatypes, then use consistent datatypes. For example, convert the character field to a numeric field with the TO_NUMBER function before adding it to the date field. Functions may not be used with long fields.
- an object not intended for normal use, then do not access the restricted object.